We hope that all visitors to the Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum have a safe and pleasurable experience while here. Below you will find our general rules of decorum. These rules are put into place to help us protect our collections and facilities. Most importantly, please remember that you are on sovereign Tribal land when you visit the Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum.
1. Food and drink (except water) are not allowed inside the Museum. For your convenience, picnic tables are located in the parking lot and drink machines and picnic tables are located behind the Museum.
2. Pets are not permitted on the Museum campus. Service animals are always welcome. The ADA defines service animals as the following:
Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
Service animals as defined by the ADA are welcome one the Museum's campus. Please do not leave pets in your vehicle.
3. Capture the moment! Take as many photos as you like, but please remember that flash photography is not permitted within the Museum galleries.
4. Smoking is not permitted in the Museum or on the Boardwalk. The entire facility is smoke free.
5. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times throughout the campus.
6. For your safety, and the safety of our artifacts, please do not touch the exhibits unless there is a sign indicating it may be touched.
7. Disorderly, disruptive, abusive, or offensive language or actions are prohibited.
8. Large backpacks and bags may be subject to search at any time.
9. Appropriate attire is required, including shoes and shirts.
10. Please do not feed, taunt, or touch any wildlife you may encounter on the grounds.
11. Please be mindful of fellow Museum visitors and staff. Courtesy to others should be exercised when talking on cell phones in gallery spaces and the theater. In addition, personal audio players are not permitted without headphones.
12. The boardwalk entrance closes one hour prior to the Museum closing. Please return to the Museum promptly before our 5pm closing time.
13. Please follow all posted signs and instructions.
For a downloadable version of our policies, please click here.